memorial is to be found in the memorial gardens on Leeman Road, York.
It takes the form of a tall, tapering, Crusdaer style crossd on a
stepped plinth. The memorial is a simple commemoration of the citixens
of York who gave their lives in borth World Wars. The memorial was
first unveiled by his H.R.H. The Duke of York, K.G. and dedicated
by the Archbishop of York 24 June 1925.